March 16, 2020 Daily PM Situation Report
MESSAGE FROM THE DIRECTOR OF TELLER COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT
Date: Monday, March 16, 2020 Time: 4:30PM
Current Recommendations: The Teller County Board of Health has issued a Recommendation for Social Distancing:
• Maintain at least 6 feet between individuals
• Do not attend gatherings of more than 50 people.
It is recommended that any event targeting these at-risk populations be cancelled or postponed until further notice. At-risk populations are defined as:
• Older than 60 years of age
• Those with underlying medical conditions
You MUST HAVE a doctor’s order and completed assessment to be tested for COVID-19. CALL your primary care provider BEFORE YOU GO!
Actions Taken Today:
• Teller County Public Health and Environment continues to respond to inquiries from businesses, restaurants, and individuals throughout Teller County.
• Provided information to camps and lodging businesses throughout the county regarding the ongoing need for social distancing and limiting large (more than 50 people) gatherings.
Tip of the Day:
Shaking hands spreads germs. Avoid shaking hands to say hello. Options for greeting one another include:
• Elbow Bump
• Bowing toward each other
• Just saying hello